Thursday, April 16, 2009

do unto others...

I had a really cool experince this week. Tuesday night my boys and I volunteered at the local Ronald McDonald house. We made dinner for the families that were staying there. I knew going into this that it would be a very worthwhile project, but I probably can't put in words just how good it was. Yes, we were all a bit nervous going there, and kids being kids, probably didn't want to do it. Add to that the fact that my wife was sick the previous day and we decided she shouldn't be in that environment running the risk of getting someone else sick so she stayed home. Let me tell you, it wnt off without a hitch, the people we talked to were greatful, and the boys were glad to have done it as well. It was nice to get outside oneself, and do unto others.. I'm greatful for what I have and thank GOD that we don't have to go thru the hardships that these families face. It's acts of kindness like this that I hope will help turn my kids into good people when they are of age...
A great way to spend one of my vacation days :)

As far as the vacation, lots of stuff with the kids, and I managed to get out for an hour ride today. cool thing is I briefly hooked up with a racer from Venezuala. South American Euro Trash baby! Did I ride as much as I would have wanted? Not even close, but I'm still at a point in my life where I put the kids first. It's the reason I stopped racing, and it's a reminder why I still dont... I wouldn't have it any other way.
Allez :)

No comments:

Post a Comment