Thursday, February 12, 2009

I can count them on one hand

bad birthdays....
I've always put great importance on birthdays, it's the reason I'm off for my families b days. To make them feel special, because it's their special day. It's also why I always take mine off. I don't want to ruin my day with a bad day at work, why risk it right??
So as far as I can remember, I've had 4 bad birthdays
1 - I woke up on my birthday with pnemonia back in grammar school, I remember I was devastated because I was supposed to go to a speed skating meet, and was bummed because I missed it, and because I had pnemonia...
2 - for whatever reason my mom had me drive her to the vet and had our dog euthanised on my birthday when I was in highschool or maybe shortly after highschool. Didn't see that one coming....
3 - The day I turned 21 - snowstorm, and nobody wanted to go out. I was on a mission being 21 and all and it culminated with drinking at somebodys apartment. A complete bust...
4 - Yesterday 2-11-2009, fresh off the news that an injury has shelved my plans to run a marathon, dealing with walking around in an aircast, and feeling completely completely DOWN. Driving rain and wind mirrored the sadness I felt inside. Aside from the last minute attempted damage control by family,and the fact I was off work, I REALLY want to erase yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment