Thursday, April 22, 2010

What's on YOUR I-pod?! Changing channels for the day

Too much talk about training lately, and not enough talk of the music that MOVES me.Growing up with albums(giant black vinyl CDs (with AWESOME artwork) for you younger ones LOL) it's taken me a LOOONG time to appreciate the digital music age. It's even more ironic that I work in technology, and still don't like the fact that music has gone from analog to digital.. All that changed this winter when one of my christmas gifts was an ipod nano. Winter running changed INSTANTLY, and nowadays it's become as routine as bringing my heart rate monitor out for the workout. Anyway, I often wonder what people are listening to when I see them with headphones, so I thought I'd share what I've been listening to lately.

First off, I have been on a HUGE Alanis Morrisette kick lately, the lyrics to a lot of her songs are simply phenomenal, especially when I'm in a certain frame of mind in which I have been in lately. Don't know if it's a good or bad thing but it works. I just came off a Robert Plant binge, and a lot of his stuff sounds way cool on headphones. Another favorite is David Bowies You want to hear a cool tune? "I'm afraid of Americans", and "Gemini Spaceship" are 2 that sound awesome in your head...
Other than that, there will always be the prerequisite Van Halen, REM, PRINCE, and Judas Priest (or anything done by Rob Halford) - when I need that something extra. For some crazy reason I've noticed I don't have any of another of my all time favorites on the IPOD, Alice Cooper. I'm going to remedy that REAL soon.
I still think NOTHING beats sitting down and enjoying music on a good hifi system, and I have a pretty decent setup at home, but I've finally realized music can be a better companion than the voices in my head when I'm out running...
Allez
Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment