Wednesday, April 21, 2010

beep beep beep beep (focus!!)

Yesterday  I had a good quality workout. Actually since Saturday morning, I've been putting in the efforts. It was a time trial/ race pace workout. I rode relatively easy out to 107th and Willow Springs road, and from their I lit it up and held my effort down to Archer road. No interuptions and my heart rate a few beats below where I would blow up. My heart rate monitor was beeping thruout the effort, and when I glanced at it and saw the numbers I realized I must have programmed it for that God awful redline zone that makes ya dig deep. I did NOT let up, regardless of the pain I was instilling on myself. I'm glad I didn't. When I finally made the turn onto Archer I rode back with a bit of satisfaction knowing (regardless of my current (lack of) condition, that I did what it took to get a good ride in. So at this point in my return to competitive riding I'm cutting my losses and moving on. My obligations/limiters don't allow me to have a lot of miles in my legs. Actually I have about 450 miles in them since the beginning of the year, so what the hell do I expect when I compare myself to the rest of the race community. I should  be glad I'm able to ride.... I HAVE to keep reminding myself it's as good as it can be and accept it.
DAMN ego :(
If anything it will be an interesting look back when the season is over. Rome wasn't built in a day, and I don't think the colloseum etc was rehabbed in a day either LOL
allez
Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment