Friday, April 16, 2010

Make the Devil Bike faster!

I like bike projects, and I've got a good one to take on. I picked up a real nice full suspension Stumpjumper pro fsr over the winter. It's a nice bike, and all the components are higher end then the ones on my Hardtail (a rockhopper pro with a couple Black Sabbath stickers on it - "devil bike"). I've alwas been old school with regards to cycling, and never fully bought into the full suspension idea. I think the hardtail is SIMPLE and efficient, but since I had the opportunity to get a real good deal on a full suspension, and the components were a real nice mix of upgrades over what I have, I bought into it. Don't get me wrong, it rides nice,  real nice, and I'm sure the bike is not limitting my performance. BUT, I've decided to change over all the higher end lightweight stuff from the new full suspension onto the Hardtail frame. My goal is a lighter (than it already is) hard tail with a good mix of raceworthy components, wheels, fork etc. I'm thinking I can turn the hard tail into a real sweet raceworthy ride (hardtail style). Should be a fun project, and I'm looking forward to see how this turns out.  Like I said, it's not that I don't like the full suspension, but my mind still thinks a hard tail ridden with finnesse is faster than the cadillac type ride of a full suspension. Not saying I won't revert back to the cadillac but this is worth experimenting with.
allez
Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment