Thursday, April 1, 2010

suddenly you wake up in a sickened panic!

Great line from a great song by REM "Living Well...". Anyway, for a multitude of reasons, some good, some bad, my training over the last 2 to 3 weeks is not what I had down on paper, or what I was hoping to do. Now with the weather breaking, there will no doubt be a nice collection of epic rides coming up and I feel less than prepared for them. Granted I've NEVER felt adequately prepared or ready when it comes to just about everything, but this isn't sitting well with me. I've been typically obsessed with getting in the workoputs, and being sure the intensity was where it needed to be, but I've been derailed more than I wanted to be recently. I know (it's only) April 1st, and the season is long, but I don't like being behind the eight ball so to speak. I had no choice but to spend the last week getting setup on the new MTB, and I KNOW it was a necessary evil but still I feel like I've done nothing of substance that I can look back on and remind myself I've been working hard to do what I want/need to do...Maybe it was a necessary evil that needed to bring me back to where I need to be. Maybe it's more than likely "the mitote" playing mind games with me, and it will all come together, but I'm just sayin....

1 comment:

  1. don't look back. focus on now and what you can do in the moment. makes things easier.

    ReplyDelete