Monday, March 15, 2010

When did Merckx find the time?

Funny, you always read about how Eddie would tweak his position on the bike sometimes even during a race adjusting saddle height etc. So this past week I replaced my stem and by Saturday I had only ridden the new length stem on the rollers once midweek. I faced a dilemma. sunday was a team development ride that I wanted to go to. It was a 90 miler and that is cause in and of itself to take notice. I decided not to go, and do a local ride instaead to be sure I was comfortable on the bike with the new stem. GOOD thing I did, because I swaer I adjusted the height of the stem and tilt of the bars about hald a dozen times before I found the sweet spot.  The new position feels comfortable, and this is after getting in a solo 60 mile effort. MAN! I don't even want to think about the headache I'm going to have when I start to dial in my new road shoes from SIDI. THAT involves the saddle height as well as the cleats. :( I guess it's the yang to the yin of picking up some SWEEEET new "Ruby Slippers" NOTE I've been in the same TIME shoes for the last 10 plus years...
allez!
Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment