Thursday, March 11, 2010

Crazy racing?

Over the last couple of days I've stumbled upon race info for a couple events that look pretty "interesting". For whatever reason I'm seeing a pattern where I'm starting to gravitate toward the more "interesting" events, as opposed to your typical races. Think it all started when I decided to do the  Madison-Chicago 200 relay race last year.That was WAYYYY cool. The first one that caught my eye is the quarryman challenge, which is a 10 mile run in Lemont on what I know to be a brutally hilly route. The funny thing is I'm trying to talk my brother into doing it, and he has no idea what awaits. To be fair, hes in some decent shape coming off a very respectable under 4 hour marathon last year in Chicago.
The other race is a 10 hour 75 mile course in the Mineral Point/Blue Mounds area in Southwest Wisconsin on August 28th.The Unnamed Epic!  It looks tough, but can easily help justify the new full suspension bike I now own. I should be in some pretty good condition coming off of the Madison Gran Fondo a few weeks earlier, so the timing looks good. So forget about racing around an industrial park, or yet another downtown 5k. Got to keep it interesting...
allez!
Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment