Sunday, January 11, 2009

3 weeks in and...

It's been 3 weeks since I formally began my current training plan, and aside from being EXTREMELY sore thismorning from yesterdays 2 hour run in 6 to 8 inches of snow, things are going good.
I can feel a physical difference now that I'm into the program. To put it simply, I feel good. The first week into it was more or less buckling up and hanging on. I had been doing 3 mile or so maintenance runs but once the longer mileage kicked in, my body had to adjust. I ran a fast 3 miler on Wednesday, and it felt good. Fast was comfortable... Yesterdays 2 hour (or 14 mile equivilant) run thru the snow was very very tough, but the commitment carries me thru it. I ran on a completely untouched trail - no footsteps anywhere, just a bit less than a foot of snow everywhere. I did take a couple camera pics. It looked great but became "the beautiful discipline", and was a challenge to finish.
I now find myself taking the following supplements - Omega 3, Optygen, a multivitamin,FRS on occasion(for the longer duration workouts, and Supergreen food. I also noticed that my diet is taking an automatic turn toward healthier foods. So things are going good...
AND I am FINALLY the owner of a Colnago C40HP!!!!!!!!
Allez
Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment