Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Daunting...

This last week has me a bit freaked with my decision to train for a spring marathon. I'm definetly NOT backing out, but too many times this week left me with an ill feeling as to things to come. Monday we had painfully cold weather - a cold that went right thru me in the short time I was out and about, a cold that had me chilled the entire day. Tuesday found me driving 3 hours (normally about 40 minutes) in terrible snow covered roads - the first snow of the season. I actually seen a cyclist out in this - stupid... So I spent more than a few minutes of my long slow drive wondering how many of days like this are going to F up my plans? I've never been a winter person and I've been reminded why.

So last week and this one are my down time weeks before formally hitting the roads. Funny but no workouts make Ray an unhappy camper. I see why it's hard for athletes to take some downtime ya know? Think I'm gonna run tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment