Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Yet another WHAT a wild ride

I had another occurence of reading someones recent blog post and seeing that it was touching on something I'm in the middle of. Kinda Cool, Creepy, and Comforting all at the same time.It talked about being in a valley and clawing your way out. Going thru something you think will break you. I'm there. I am optomistic (I try to be as often as I can) that I will grow from these situations and be better off when I DO get thru them, and I will get thru them. Sometimes what you plan for doesn't always work, sometimes what you do isn't what you ultimately wanted the end result to turn out to be. I've had to jump off and get grounded on a number of areas. I joined a race team this year, on paper I planned on getting back to where I left off when I semi-retired. I've been all over the place with it.  I've  made myself sick trying to force it to work. Ultimately, I will ride because I love to ride- You have NO idea how much... That in and of itself will keep me (on a team), and on the bike. My running is almost non existent, and I was (again) going to force myself thru an epic hill 10 mile race Saturday. I started throwing longer and harder runs in during a VERY short period and my body did a few things lately that startled me. I had to hit the breaks. I am not going to be foolish enough to attempt a 10 mile hilliest race in the region on no training. I will risk injury and possibly worse... I'm going to go do the 5k route instead. I was going to do the Madison to Chicago relay(with my son on the team). NO ruunning and a short period of time to cram training in. I'm already down on the fact that my riding is suffering. So for a few different reasons I opted out of the run. I feel like I haveto hit the breaks and take stock instead of forcing everything. They say your powerless over people places and things. It's true. So I jumped off and am getting grounded. I have no expectations. Forget the fact that May is a bad month to race because of birthdays and anniversaries. Forget that the beginning of June is vacation and even more opportunities to race won't work out....
To quote someone that moved me recently." ...Because at the bottom of every valley is an incline to get out. And once you've stumbled and rolled down that hill, kicking and screaming and crying, thinking your spirit is broken, never to be recovered, you find you actually have the strength to pick yourself back up and charge the hill"
Like I said I'm there....

Oh yeah, I did sell my up front Alice Cooper tickets and the money recouped did allow us to more easily afford a REAL sweet hi def TV. The picture on the new set blows my mind, and the last TV was nice...

I still have the hockey playoff beard thing going, and I've been told I'm starting to get the Jesus look going. "Peace Be With You" was my reply LOL I'm doing it thru the rest of this playoff round...
Allez
Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment