Friday, May 21, 2010

:)

The night before while packing up the car, "don't need arm warmers, don't need rain jacket..."Last night I got off the train to go ride with a local group. It started to drizzle as I stepped off the train. As I got closer to the meet up location the rain began (and pretty much didn't stop until we were close to being done). So off we went temps in the 60s, rain coming down. A group of half a dozen or so of us. Couldn't see with glasses on, couldn't see with glasses off, but we managed to ride a fast moving paceline for a good number of miles in the pouring rain. It was a good ride. 40 miles....I felt good, I was among a good group. Some good jumps, some good efforts. Just what the doctor ordered. I'l be back...
Drying out the bike and gear for tomorrows adventure. Not sure what to expect, but the weather is supposed to be warm. The route is new to me, and the distance is loooong. It's with the team I'm on, and I hope it's as good of an experience as last nights, if anything else, the reason I'm doing it is a good one, and I'm looking forward to spending some time in the saddle with the team I'm on...
Allez
Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment