Saturday, May 1, 2010

I'd kill Alice for a new TV

Well kind of...
Our TV/Home Theater TV died last weekend. I KNOW TV's are not the most important thing in the world. Especially coming from a family of active people. BUT, I'l admit we stare at it on a daily basis, it can make for (and does) family together time, and I try to have family movie night once every week or 2. The stereo that surrounds the TV makes for some excellent audio. So I've been trying to figure out what to do when we were faced with taking out the dead TV and putting an itty bitty 20 something inch TV in its place from the days before carbon race frames and full suspension LOL. I don't like the idea of running up the VISA bill, and decided to do a bit of damage contol before we use it. I decided to try and get hold of the Holiday Star Theater and see if I could get my overnight stay with front row Alice Cooper tickets refunded. After talking to a sypathetic supervisor they agreed, For those of you that know me, I REALLY dig Alice Cooper. Moment of silence........................................................................................................
The strange thing is the last time he was in town I had up front seats and a storm the days before flooded out a section of highway that led to the venue. I found myself trapped on the road unable to exit for a long time So long that by the time I managed to get to an exit it was much too late and we had to turn around and go back home. We never made it to the venue and my up front tickets went unused. Is the evilness that surrounds Alice thwarting my attempt to see him again?! hmm. So the money I saved by getting a refund will make it easier to swallow swiping the card for a big (unscheduled) purpose.
The good news? The VS channel is back on direct TV, and I will be able to watch Leige Bastogne Leige this afternoon maybe on big screen in all its hi def glory LOL
. Today is day 4 with the playoff beard... WTF was I thinkin? I think I will continue to grow it until they loose a game. I've never done this =ITS crazy (or am I crazy?) GO HAWKS

No comments:

Post a Comment