Tuesday, May 5, 2009

warning BLUE ahead...

not the blue the net is infamous for...
I have a hard time watching my kids grow up. They start out needing and wanting you, and it fades. Much more than I want (I'm learning) Over the last week or so there have been more and more activities leading up to one of my kids graduation. I see the slideshows of when he was young, and fast forward to current day, and to be honest my eyes well up with tears... I have no idea how I'm going to get thru these years. I've become someone he is embarrased to be by when his friends are around, including at school and sport activities. GOD that hurts, but it must be a part of growing up. My parents tell me I was like that, and I OWE THEM A HUGE APOLOGY if that's true. If your a kid and reading this, DON'T shun your parents, love them back the way they love you!!
The other untimely event, is I lisened to a voicemail my younger kid left me last week, and the young kidness of a voice is changing. I'm losing the baby as well to age. My days of walking him to the school door, and all the other magic that they provide me will be fading as well. Like I said tears in the eyes... I love them both MORE than they can comprehend...

No comments:

Post a Comment