Wednesday, May 13, 2009

skynet musings

I have a particular fondness for the Terminator story. Not the Arnold Schwartzenager movie, although it's been a long time since I seen it, and it would probably be fun to watch again all these years later... I'm talking about the modern day version. It started with the TV series Sarah Connor Chronicles. The show had it's ups and downs but the underlying story is what interests me. Man's loss of control of technology,and the kaos that results. I have a love hate relationship with technology. It's been my livelyhood (for lack of a better term) for my entire pre- and adult life. It's due to that fact I've seen how comically poor judgement is among people when it comes to it's implemenation, and lack of understanding and control. I HONESTLY don't believe we have a handle on it's advances yet we continue to develop, and push forward at a remarkable yet ignorant pace. As a side note, I've seen a movie a long time ago called Running Man, and there were futuristic scenes in that movie that were laughable back then, but as many years passed, some of the storylines became believable and real. HOPE that is not the case with this storyline...


Machines(BACK to Humans)

No comments:

Post a Comment