Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cool, a half marathon

This past weekend, a very nearby town ran a 1/2 marathon. It was WAY too close to miss. So a bit over 2 weeks ago I signed up, and got a small number of runs in to get my legs ready the best I could. I DID have about 3 months of good quality runs in the bag from early to mid winter, and it helped. I was recently talking to someone about feeling like you lose your conditioning when having a BUSY no workout week now and again, but realistically I don't think you lose everything if you lead a somewhat active lifestyle. So I planned it out with 2 weeks of running, and did it in 1:49. I paced myself perfectly. The weather was great. I did what I thought I could under ideal conditions. This once again reminds me that if/when I am consistent I can still pull off better than the average results.Wonder what I could have done if I trained for it??

No comments:

Post a Comment