Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tyler retires?!

BOOO!!!
I just heard and then read that Tyler Hamilton retired from racing recently. It turns out he was tested and a banned substance was found as a result of using a homeopathic antidepressant. I'm sure he wasn't looking for a performance advantage. That's a shame. I was thrilled to see him last summer at a local race, and luckily grabbed a picture with him right before the race start. The worst part of the story is he was taking antidepressants to address personal problems, and the meds were affecting his performance so he switched to an over the counter remedy... Depression sucks, and it is such a personally monumental issue to deal with. I'm sure he's doing what's best for him, and can honestly sympathize with the hurdles athletes face when it comes to these decisions. BEST of LUCK Tyler. You ROCK!

1 comment:

  1. Damn those banned Substances!!! They get us every time!

    Visit me at-- http://wackocrazy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete