Thursday, July 15, 2010

Le Tour and Le Run

It's Tour time BABY! Although I could do without Craig Hummer and Bob Roll each night, I mean come on, who wouldn't want to listen to Phil Ligget's anecdotes instead of those 2 knuckle heads. This isn't NASCAR, its Pro Cycling?! . The only down side to Phil is he would no doubt take Lance as a "life partner" if he could, and that gets old pretty quick. So the evenings are spent watching the tour, and I can't tell you how cool it is to have one of the boys and my "long time personal manager" LOL enjoy watching it with me.
So the Eiffel tower statue is on the office desk, The "Tour Tie" (circa about 1992) has come out at least once a week -notice the French flag as the tie clip, and I've donned the yellow converse professing my admiration, respect, and overzealous love for the grandest bicycle race in the world (2nd possibly only to Paris Roubaix...) As far as the pro riders go, I've been saying it for the last 2 years- ANDY SCHLECK... Looks like I may be right this year :)

 I plan on going out for a ride after work today, temps are in the 90s again, but I'm not complaining. I need to hit the road for some much needed clarity of mind and the training effect. Maybe out to Lemont to hit the "climbs" Vandevelde was raised on.

 Yesterday was another succesful group run, with yet another new face showing up. I'm SOOO glad I  put this together. It's like I was made to do stuff like this.  I've received a lot of good feedback from a number of people who have shown up, and I know it will continue to grow. So much for not running anymore LOL Funny thing is, with this "project", I feel I have a purpose lately. A way to give back and inspire. That is GREATLY needed in my life right now. I'm going thru some tough personal stuff, and I've been perplexed , frustrated, down, and stressed, etc, instead of being accepting of "life and how to live it" (an obvious REM reference ;) ). It's not been easy lately..., but leading this new group certainly stands out as a positive. I should "step up", and pull out the ACE fitness test prep stuff and get my certification if anything to at least have something to take my mind off of stuff and accomplish something in an area of life that is so worthwhile- Fitness... 
Allez
Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment